WW1 Revisited

St. Sever Cemetery, Rouen, is situated about 3 kilometres south of Rouen Cathedral and a short distance west of the road from Rouen to Elbeuf. Coming from Elbeuf/Caen on the N.138...

Vendresse is a village in the Department of the Aisne 16 kilometres south of Laon. Vendresse British Cemetery is 800 metres north of the village on the west side of the...

Vendresse Churchyard is located in the centre of this small village and to the north of the main road running through the village. The CWGC Plot, which is surrounded by a...

Miraumont is a village about 14.5 kilometres north-north-east of Albert and ADANAC Military Cemetery is some 3 kilometres south of the village on the east side of the road to Courcelette...

Thiepval is a village on the D151 road about 8 kilometres north of the town of Albert. Mill Road Cemetery (signposted at Thiepval) is about 1kilometre north-west of the village on...

During the First World War, Le Treport was an important hospital centre. No 3 General Hospital was established there in November 1914, No 16 General Hospital in February 1915, No 2...

Forceville is a village some 10 kilometres north-west of Albert on the road to Doullens. Forceville Communal Cemetery and Extension lies to the west of the village of Forceville, 20 kilometres...

Louvencourt is a village 13 kilometres south-east of Doullens on the road to Albert (D938). Louvencourt Military Cemetery is on the south-eastern side of the village. From July 1915 to August...

Le Treport is a small seaport 25 kilometres north-east of Dieppe. Mont Huon Military Cemetery is 1.5 kilometres south of the town. Go towards the centre of Le Treport and then...

Dernancourt is a village 3 kilometres south of Albert. The Communal Cemetery is a little west of the village, and the Extension is on the north-west side of the Communal Cemetery....

At the end of the Great War, there were thousands of British burial grounds scattered across the old battlefields that had once formed the Western Front. Some of these were a...

Details Pozières is a village some 6 kilometres north-east of Albert, and the Cemetery, which is enclosed by the Pozières Memorial, is a little south-west of the village on the north...

Details Ovillers is a village about 5 kilometres north-east of the town of Albert off the D929 road to Bapaume. The Military Cemetery is approximately 500 metres west of the village...

Terlincthun British Cemetery is situated on the northern outskirts of Boulogne. From Calais follow the A16 to Boulogne, come off at Junction 3 and follow the D96E for Wimereux Sud. Continue...