Grandcourt is a village about 12 kilometers north-east of Albert. Stump Road Cemetery (signposted in the center of the village) lies about one kilometer south of Grandcourt, some 500 meters along a single track lane (suitable for cars) off the road (D151) Grandcourt-Thiepval. The village of Grandcourt was reached by men of the 36th (Ulster) Division on the 1st July 1916, but it could not be held. It was occupied by the… Read More

Beaumont-Hamel is a village about 24 kilometres south of Arras and the Redan Ridge Cemeteries (Nos. 1, 2 and 3) are situated to the north of the village. Using the D919 from Arras to Amiens you will drive through the Villages of Bucquoy, Puisieux then Serre Les Puisieux (approximately 20 kilometres south of Arras). On leaving Serre Les Puisieux, 700 metres further along the D919, turn left onto a small lane and… Read More

Beaumont-Hamel is a village about 24 kilometres south of Arras and the Redan Ridge Cemeteries (Nos. 1, 2 and 3) are situated to the north of the village. Using the D919 from Arras to Amiens you will drive through the villages of Bucquoy, Puisieux then Serre Les Puisieux (approximately 20 kilometres south of Arras). On leaving Serre Les Puisieux, 700 metres further along the D919, turn left onto a small lane and… Read More

Beaumont-Hamel is a village about 24 kilometres south of Arras and the Redan Ridge Cemeteries (Nos. 1, 2 and 3) are situated to the north of the village. Using the D919 from Arras to Amiens you will drive through the villages of Bucquoy, Puisieux then Serre Les Puisieux (approximately 20 kilometres south of Arras). On leaving Serre Les Puisieux, 700 metres further along the D919, turn left onto a small lane and… Read More

St. Sever Cemetery Extension is situated about 3 kilometres south of Rouen Cathedral and a short distance west of the road from Rouen to Elbeuf. Coming from Elbeuf/Caen on the N.138 follow Avenue Des Canadiens right down to the roundabout. Take the fourth exit into Boulevard Stanislas Girardin, and the cemetery lies 150 metres on the left. If coming from station Rive Gauche, Gare St Sever, follow Quai D’Elbeuf, Quai Jean Moulin,… Read More

St. Sever Cemetery, Rouen, is situated about 3 kilometres south of Rouen Cathedral and a short distance west of the road from Rouen to Elbeuf. Coming from Elbeuf/Caen on the N.138 follow Avenue Des Canadiens right down to the roundabout. Take the fourth exit into Boulevard Stanislas Girardin, and the cemetery lies 150 metres on the left. If coming from station Rive Gauche, Gare St Sever, follow Quai D’Elbeuf, Quai Jean Moulin,… Read More

Vendresse is a village in the Department of the Aisne 16 kilometres south of Laon. Vendresse British Cemetery is 800 metres north of the village on the west side of the road to Laon. The neighbourhood of Vendresse-Et-Troyon was the scene of repeated and severe fighting in which British troops took part in 1914 and 1918. Vendresse British Cemetery was made after the Armistice by the concentration of graves from other cemeteries… Read More

Vendresse Churchyard is located in the centre of this small village and to the north of the main road running through the village. The CWGC Plot, which is surrounded by a small hedge, can be found to the rear of the church within the confines of the churchyard. Vendresse village can be reached from the direction of Laon by following the D967, Laon to Fismes road. From this direction the road is… Read More

Etaples is a town about 27 kilometres south of Boulogne. Etaples Military Cemetery is to the north of the town, on the west side of the road to Boulogne. During the First World War, the area around Etaples was the scene of immense concentrations of Commonwealth reinforcement camps and hospitals. It was remote from attack, except from aircraft, and accessible by railway from both the northern or the southern battlefields. In 1917,… Read More

Miraumont is a village about 14.5 kilometres north-north-east of Albert and ADANAC Military Cemetery is some 3 kilometres south of the village on the east side of the road to Courcelette (D107). The cemetery is signposted in the centre of Miraumont. The villages of Miraumont and Pys were occupied on 24-25 February 1917 following the German withdrawal to the Hindenburg Line. They were retaken by the Germans on 25 March 1918, but… Read More