Cherisy Road East Cemetery is east of the village of Heninel, between the roads to Cherisy and Fontaine-les-Croisilles. The village of Heninel will be found on the D33 road, Boisleux St Marc to Wancourt. From Rue de Wancourt, turn right on to Rue de St Germain, then left at the fork, and Cherisy Road East Cemetery is sited 800 metres further on, just after a right fork on the road to Cherisy. A CWGC signpost will be seen.
The village of Heninel was captured in a snowstorm on 12 April 1917 by the 56th (London) and 21st Division. The 50th (Northumbrian) Division, advancing from Heninel on the two following days, captured Wancourt Tower. Cherisy Road East Cemetery was made by the 30th and 33rd Division Burial Officers in April 1917. The cemetery contains 82 First World War burials, 19 of which are unidentified.